To our customers and partners
During this extraordinary period of the continued spread of the Covid 19 virus our primary focus is on the health and well-being of our employees and customers and their families. We continue to monitor the coronavirus situation and are following the on-going guidance provided by the CDC, the Public Health Agency of Canada and WHO, as well as adhering to the travel guidance of the U.S. Department of State and Canada’s Global Affairs Department.
All of our data centers remain in operation and we have taken the following steps to ensure the continuity of our services:
Non-essential personnel: All Compass non-essential personnel have been instructed to work from home.
Congregation Restrictions: No more than 10 people will be permitted in the lobby and loading docks of our facilities at any given time.
Sanitizing Stations: All Compass locations have been equipped with hand sanitizing dispensers in data center lobbies and outside each data hall. Compass and visiting personnel are required to use these stations upon entering and leaving the building and/or a data hall.
Cross Contaminations Prevention: Compass operations personnel are assigned to a specific facility and are prohibited from going to any other company data center to limit the potential for cross contamination between sites.
Breakroom Restrictions: No more than 5 Compass and or visitor personnel will be permitted in a breakroom at the same time, and a 6-foot distance between people must be maintained.
Visitor Screening: Our onsite security team is requiring all individuals attempting to access a facility to answer four questions regarding their symptoms, exposure, and recent travels. As conditions warrant, Compass is prepared to increase access restrictions to include only allowing access to company designated mission-critical personnel
Safety Protocols: In the event an individual diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is found to have been onsite, Compass is prepared to evacuate and sanitize the site. Each of our locations has been provisioned with emergency supplies in the instance it is necessary for Compass personnel to Shelter in Place.
Communications: We are proactively contacting our employees, customers, and suppliers to keep all stakeholders abreast of our preparedness and response initiatives.
Travel: We have suspended all domestic and international employee travel.
Operations Monitoring: Compass Operations personnel are equipped with infrastructure management technologies to ensure monitoring continuity from remote locations, and we are maintaining onsite staff required to support our critical facilities
We take this threat seriously, and should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What specific actions and precautionary measures is Compass taking to address the outbreak of COVID-19?
Our response team continues to monitor the WHO, CDC, Canadian Public Health Agency and local governments for the latest information
- We have provided hygienic awareness training to employees, and have posted hygienic tips in bathrooms, lounges, and other high traffic areas
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of biometric readers and all “high touch” areas such as railings and doorknobs to two-hour increments
- We ensured that we have the appropriate levels of critical spare parts inventory, and are monitoring manufacturer stock availability, and have engaged secondary suppliers
- Postponed preventive maintenance
- Postponed non-essential change windows
- Implemented management shift rotation and isolation
- Top off generator fuel supplies
2. Does Compass currently anticipate potential service disruptions impacting your ability to provide services or goods?
We expect ongoing operations with no impact on critical environments, however, potential inconveniences may result from response procedures.
3. How will Compass ensure adequate support and availability of your critical suppliers?
We are actively engaged with our critical suppliers and our Operations team has reviewed critical spare parts inventory and manufacturer stock availability and engaged secondary suppliers accordingly.
4. How are you monitoring the wellness of your staff and what is your policy for staff who are not physically well, or demonstrating symptoms deemed similar to that of COVID-19?
The managers of our data centers are actively enforcing preventive and appropriate response measures to screen and recognize individuals who are displaying signs of illness.
5. What alternate workplace arrangements for personnel do you have in place should current work locations be impacted?
We have enabled our employees who are not required to be physically onsite to perform their job to maximize teleworking arrangements.
6. Will you restrict access to Compass facilities for customers, employees, or suppliers?
Yes, if COVID-19 escalates to a level where it is wise or required to restrict access to one or more of our sites, we will limit access in accordance with our business continuity plan. These restrictions may apply to customers, employees and suppliers based on our assessment of the risk associated with the situation. During this time period we ask that our customers only send essential personnel to the facility on a limited as needed basis.
7. Who should we contact regarding obtaining information or future updates regarding COVID-19?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact Bcp@compassdatacenters.com