Compass Datacenters Earns Patent for Dedicated Data Center Design
Compass Datacenters has earned a patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark office for its innovative design for dedicated data centers that support the needs of both corporate customers and IT service providers. US patent # 8839569 has been awarded to Compass Founder and CEO, Chris Crosby, in recognition of the company’s unique product, which produces dedicated data centers that:
- Include built-in connectivity capability, making it possible to do intelligent capacity planning by providing 1-4MW of initial IT load capacity and the ability to easily and inexpensively grow capacity in 1.2 MW increments over time by adding individual hardened buildings for growth as required by the customer
- Can be located in any geography, enabling customers to have a standalone data center exactly where they need it with a price tag they can afford
- Have a rapid, guaranteed delivery timeframe of less than six months from groundbreaking on a pad-ready site
- Deliver a hardened, natural disaster-resistant environment for computing systems, with a variety of construction and technology features that ensure uptime and ergonomics
- Come standard with Uptime Tier III certifications for both the design and the constructed facilities, as well as LEED Gold certification for sustainability and efficiency
- Offer significant flexibility and personalization options to meet the specific needs of customers, ranging from technical needs to corporate branding
- Can be operated by the customer or by Compass’ world-class operations team, giving customers the flexibility to manage the data center directly or through Compass.
“This patent recognizes all the design and engineering innovations that go into Compass’ data centers, making our facilities an ideal solution for the next wave of growth in the data center industry: the trend toward dedicated data center facilities that can be located anywhere and that meet the needs of corporations and service providers in markets that have long been underserved,” said Chris Crosby. “Compass’ patented design was created with those customers in mind, and it represents a brand new way of thinking for how data centers can meet the needs of customers. Using lean manufacturing techniques coupled with our unique design, we are able to shatter the myth that the economy of scale of mega-data centers is necessary to make mission critical affordable. You can see here now as we are proud to have this patent under our belt, and the response we are seeing from the market is proving that our design meets a need in the market that is already sizable and growing rapidly.”
For more information about Compass’ patented data center design, read more here.
About Compass Datacenters
Compass Datacenters builds natural disaster-resistant, Tier III-certified, LEED Gold, dedicated data centers where customers need them without forcing them to sacrifice features or performance. The innovative design of its facilities make it possible for Compass Datacenters to deliver state-of-the-art solutions that enhance control and simplify capacity planning for customers anywhere in the United States, serving the vast majority of companies that are not located in the few markets where geographically-constrained data center facilities are currently concentrated. For more information, visit compassdatacenters.com.